Do your products contain preservatives?
We do not add any preservatives, not even those approved for use in certified organic skincare because I am not satisfied with their safety, due to them being of a synthetic nature. I am currently researching natural plant based preservative systems for the future and watching the clinical results of their effectiveness on unwanted items such as bacteria and fungi before being incorporated into the own products. Your safety comes first.
Please Note: Vitamin E and Grapefruit seed extract are not preservatives. They are antioxidants. If you come across these ingredients claiming to be the natural preservative in your skincare products and they contain untreated water you are potentially exposing the health and safety of your skin to unseen bacteria, molds and fungi. Always follow the rule of buyer beware.
Will I experience a skin reaction from Luxuria Studios skin care?
Some customers may notice slight, short term skin reactions as they begin integrating Luxuria Studios products into their skincare practices. This is a normal result of the detoxification process that occurs with a shift to natural and organic products. As the skin adjusts to the benefits of natural ingredients plants, it may experience a mild, temporary reaction.
Customers experiencing longer-term skin reactions (more than four weeks) should discontinue the use of all products and consult their health care professional.
Why do Luxuria Studios products scents vary?
Each batch of our essential oil blends are as unique as the plant with which they are harvested. Our product scents may evolve over time and are often their most potent when first applied to the skin, softening on the skin a few moments after application.
What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants protect the skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells. In skin care products antioxidants can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of ageing. From calming inflamed skin to tightening and toning, antioxidants from natural sources offer exceptional benefits for the skin. ie. Vitamin E
How long does it take to see results with Luxuria Studios skin care?
Everyone is different and living differently. While I can't guarantee a time for results, our skins cell turnover is approximately 20 days and increases up to 30 days as we become older. It is best to use our products for a full calendar month in order to see an improvement in your skin’s health.
How should I store Luxuria Studios products?
Like all skincare products heat will speed up the oxidation of the oils and will likely melt your balms and lotions. To protect your Luxuria Studios products, ensure they are best stored away from direct sunlight and below 30C. They should be kept cool and preferably in a dark place. Always replace the caps/lids and keep water out! During warm weather, it is normal for the balms to become a little softer and a slight separation of oils may occur. Do not worry, this is normal and does not affect the quality of the product.
What is the shelf life of Luxuria Studios products once opened?
As our products are preservative free the shelf life is between 4 - 8 months from the date of creation. Once opened please use your products within 3 months for optimum potency and efficiency.
Does Luxuria Studios test on animals?
No, our products are cruelty-free, tested on consenting humans only.
Will you have products that contain any sunscreen?
I am currently researching the possibility of a separate SPF sunscreen product in the future.
What ingredients do you not use in Luxuria Studios skin care?
Believing that the natural world provides us with all the goodness our skin needs.
We say NO to:
- No preservatives - see above
- No Parabens. While the safety concerns relating to parabens and cancer have been proved, they have not yet been disproved, which is why we take a precautionary approach and do not use them.
- No Phenoxyethanol. This chemical preservative is commonly used in natural skin care ranges that have chosen not to incorporate parabens into their formulations.
- No Petrochemicals. Petrochemicals include chemical ingredients that are derived from petroleum. Propylene Glycol is one of the more common petrochemicals used in skincare products for its moisturising properties, however it is a common skin irritant and may trigger eczema.
- No Phthalates. Commonly used as a fixative for fragrances, phthalates are often absent from ingredient labels as many companies use "parfum" rather than list it separately. There are serious safety concerns surrounding this product in regard to reproductive health.
- No Artificial fragrances. These often contain phthalates and other irritating chemicals. They are the most frequent cause of allergic reactions to cosmetics.